Thursday 8 March 2012

Hellebore





I was wondering around the garden the other day on a sunny afternoon seeing what was about and beginning to be alive and came across these lovely Hellebore flowers photographed above. Its lovely to see such a rich colour at a time of year when lots of things seem bright or pale. I thought the particular flower above was particularly interesting as the bottom petal seemed to be part green leaf, I showed my mum and she said all those purple petals are leaves and the tiny curly green bits in the middle are actually the petals. I think its a great flower, very English and romantic, perfect for a spring wedding.

Hannah Madden is a block printer based in Hereford, England. I knew she was a find as soon as I read her Etsy page explaining the strong hand made process her work goes through during its creation and the fact she carves her own printing blocks. All of which is very rare these days. She is also equally strongly inspired by nature and this reflects in her wonderful products seen below and her entire brand - in her use of sustainable kind to environment materials and beautiful forms like our friends the Hellebore and Bluebell. Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment