Sunday 8 April 2012

Found Objects


 Acorn cup for fairies
Old mans beard, always thought the fibres of this could make an interesting textile or perhaps as a wadding.
Jasmine which has the most beautiful scent, I have a small Jasmine plant in my room which has tendrils metres long! I collect all its flowers and stick them into my scrapbook then put a tissue on top to protect them, it smells really strong now.
Leaf skeleton and snowdrops.
A pewter bee which was a present for my birthday.
Walnut

Some pictures of some of my found objects, mainly natural as I love walking and I live in the countryside which i think is beautiful and influences my work and everything I do. 
The first picture is when I framed a collection of my found things as I had a spare one: Catkins, pussy willow, a honeybee - Ive got love for honeybees because they are beautiful and amazing and intelligent and I think we could learn a lot from them, finally some beautiful Jay feathers, I havent seen many during my life but I found a whole scattered collection of them on the leaf floor of the woods one day, I think it had been captured by a bird of prey, I always see the buzzard swooping through the branches so maybe it was him. I hope the jay got away.

The jewellery designer Kate Gilliland produces extraordinary pieces with direct influence from natures darker side. Using skeletons and corpses of these delicate creatures, I think Kates work respects every level of nature rather than the typically attractive outer shells which is very interesting and pretty original whilst remaining attractive and wearable. 



   

No comments:

Post a Comment