Monday 4 June 2012

An empty house in the middle of a wood











During my long walk today prior to the village jubilee celebrations I visited an empty house in the woods near where I live, the man who last lived there committed suicide and its been empty since for the past few years, its an amazing house but apparently the council are going to pull it down to build a new one because it would cost too much to renovate it. There's a beehive, two ponds full of yellow iris, outhouses in which I found the nest pictured above, and a well. I didn't throw any coins in but if I'd have had any with me I would. Today I tried my pen inks for my business cards, I'm really happy with the colours.

1 comment:

  1. Your pictures of the empty house are beautiful. It's sad to know the story behind the empty house. ~Teresa

    ReplyDelete